“FOCUS ON GI”
Saturday, April 25, 2020
Potawatomi Hotel and Casino
1721 W Canal St.
Milwaukee, WI 53233
BROCHURE Download and post in your department… hope to ‘see’ you all there!
SPECIAL FRIDAY EVENING EVENT REGISTRATION via EVENTBRITE
LIVE STREAM OPTION AVAILABLE if you can’t make it to Milwaukee!
□ WSGNA/SGNA Nurse Member $75
□ WSGNA/SGNA Associate $50
□ Non-member Nurse $100
□ Non-member Tech/student $65
□ Live Streaming: WSGNA/SGNA Member $100
□ Live Streaming: Non-Member $125
COURSE SYLLABUS (Unavailable at this time)
The course syllabus is “green” and will be available starting April 18, 2020
Thank you for continually supporting ” going green”.
• To provide continuing education for
gastroenterology nurses and associates.
• To foster evidence-based practice in
• To facilitate networking among GI and endoscopy
• To promote SGNA-WSGNA; our professional
national and regional organizations respectively.
7:00-7:50 Registration/Vendor Visits/Continental Breakfast
7:30-7:50 WSGNA Member Meeting (Agenda available one week prior)
7:50-8:00 Welcome/ Announcements
Conference Co-Chairs: Cathy Johnson and Amy Schultz
8:00-9:00: “Now You See Me, Now You Don’t” – Sedation in GI
Speaker: Joseph Strosin, MD Anesthesia
9:00-9:45: “Do You See What I See” – Endoscopic Ultrasound
Speaker: Joseph Schowalter, DO Gastroenterology
9:45-10:15 Break/Vendor Visits
10:15-11:00: ” Hidden in Plane Sight” – Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection
Speaker: Mohammed Qadeer, MD Gastroenterology
11:00- 11:45: “Tunnel Vision” – POEM/POP
Speaker: Mohammed Qadeer, MD, Gastroenterology
11:45-12:45: Lunch/Vendor Visits/Final Silent Auction Bidding
12:45-2:00: “Out of Sight, Not Out of Mind: Where the Bugs Hide” – Biofilm and Reprocessing in GI
Speaker: Wava Truscott, PhD, MBA
2:00-2:15: Break / Silent Auction Winners Announcement
2:15-3:15: “Focus on EoE” – Eosinophilic Esophagitis
Speaker: Patrick Sanvanson, MD, Gastroenterology
3:15-3:45: “Seeing the Bigger Picture” – H2 Blockers, PPI’s, and the APNP’s Role in GI
Speaker: Casey Fisher, MSN, APNP
3:45- 4:00 Closing Remarks/Course Evaluations
Every attempt to present sessions as described will be made. The Conference Planning Committee reserves the right to cancel presentations or make substitutions of comparable quality due to unforeseen circumstances.
LIVE STREAM ATTENDEES
- You will receive contact hours for attending as in person. You will be able to participate and ask questions of the speakers via text chat.
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to sign in within one week of conference.
- If you’ve watched YouTube videos before you should have no problem watching the live stream for this conference.
NURSING CONTACT HOURS
- 7.25 contact hours are applied for which includes
1.0 contact hour for a crossword puzzle.
- Provider approved by the California Board of
Nursing, License No. CEP16649.
- 7.25 GI Specific contact hours have been applied
for through ABCGN (American Board of
Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses)
- Full attendance and completion of the evaluation is
required to receive contact hours.
**Refunds for cancellation less a $25 handling fee if written request is received by April 18, 2020. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org**
- Cathy Johnson, BSN, RN, CGRN- Conference Co-chair, Venue|Speakers
- Amy Schultz, GTS- Conference Co-chair, Vendors|Brochure|Eventbrite Registration
- Cynthia Collins, MSN, BSN, RN, CGRN- Contact Hours
- Dawn Ferrell, BSN, RN, CGRN- Saturday Registration
- Paula Harty, RN, CGRN- Friday Night Registration
- Amy Komp, BSN, RN, CGRN- Speakers|Vendors
- Sue Machones, MSN, BSN, RN, CGRN- Crossword Puzzle
- Ryan Schroeder, BSN, RN, CGRN- Syllabus|Folders
CONFERENCE VENUE ~ACCOMMODATIONS
A block of rooms is reserved for Friday, April 24th
and Saturday, April 25th, 2020 at:
Potawatomi Hotel and Casino
Click Book a Room, Click More Options
Group Code: WSG04242020
• Reserve rooms by April 8th for reduced rate of
$129 plus tax/fees.
• A $75 charge will occur if room is cancelled
within 24 hours of stay.
• Free Valet parking available to hotel guests.
• Complimentary ramp parking for all
• Complimentary shuttle service available for
hotel guests to downtown and airport.