2016 Spring “Half-Day” 5 CE Course
Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront
Saturday, April 30, 2016
“G I’m Cruz’n Along the River!”
“This “half day” conference is set to take you cruz’n down the GI tract with 5 contact hours stowed away on board. You definitely won’t want to miss this boat!”
BROCHURE ~ DOWNLOAD PDF HERE– Please Post In Your Dept TODAY!
7:00 – 7:50 Registration/ Continental Breakfast/ Vendors/ Silent Auction
7:50 – 8:00 Welcome/ Announcements
8:00 – 9:00 Peter Eichenseer, MD ~ “Cruz’n Down the Liver”
9:00 – 10:00 Krista Havlin, RN, ANP, FNP~ “Lysosomal Acid Lipase Deficiency (LAL-D): A Progressive Disease Associated With Multi-organ Damage and Premature Mortality”
10:00 – 11:00 Break / Visit Vendors/ Silent Auction
11:00 – 12:00 Marie Williams, MSN, NP-C ~ ”Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (FMT)”
12:00 – 1:00 Samantha Kozak Melroy, BS, RN, MSN, APNP ~ “Take 3 GI Conditions; The Cause, Effect, & Treatment”
(You have all morning to complete) Anna Werth, RN, CGRN ~ WSGNA 2016 Spring Conference GI Puzzle
1:00 – 1:15 Closing Remarks/ Evaluations/ Award Certificates/ Silent Auction
WSGNA/SGNA MEMBERS: $65
TECHS ~ STUDENTS: $40
LIVE STREAMING OPTION JUST ADDED***:
Please add an additional charge of $25 to EACH type of fee above whether paying through Eventbrite or using the mail-in option. Thank You!
***LIVE STREAM Viewers
- The computer or device you/your group uses to watch the stream should have the most up-to-date version of the operating system, browser, and flash player (if viewing on desktop).
- The computer or device also needs an internet connection that can handle downloading the stream — we recommend the minimum download bandwidth to be greater than 2 Mbps. This can be checked at: http://www.speedtest.net/
1. ONLINE WITH EVENTBRITE — (service fees apply)
2. SNAIL MAIL — Download Brochure here and Mail Check and Registration to Lynn Miller
- To provide continuing education for gastroenterology nurses and associates
- To foster evidence-based practice in gastroenterology
- To facilitate networking among GI and endoscopy professionals
- To promote SGNA-WSGNA; our professional national and regional organizations respectively.
Every attempt to present sessions as described in this brochure will be made. The Conference Planning Committee reserves the right to cancel presentations or make substitutions of comparable quality due to unforeseen circumstances.
Nursing Contact Hours
Provider approved by the California Board of Nursing, License No. CEP16649 for 5 contact hours.
***GI Specific has been applied for through ABCGN (American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses)
Full attendance is required to receive contact hours.
WSGNA endorses only the educational content of this program and not the presence of vendors or products.
Peter Eichenseer, MD ~ Moorland Reserve Health Center and Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
Samantha Kozak Melroy, BS, RN, MSN, APNP ~ Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
Krista Havlin, RN, ANP, FNP, Clinical Lipid Specialist, Mercy Clinic, Heart & Vascular Lipid Center, St. Louis, MO
Marie Williams, MSN, NP-C ~ Aurora HealthCare– St. Luke’s Medical Center, Milwaukee, WI
Anna Werth, RN, CGRN ~ Moorland Reserve Health Center
Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront
4700 North Port Washington Rd
The course syllabus is “green” and will be available online at http://wsgna.org/course-syllabus/ starting April 23rd. Thank you for continuing to “GO GREEN”!
A SILENT AUCTION will again be taking place at this conference to help raise funds for educational scholarships. Have you something to donate? Please contact Lynn Miller. And, THANK YOU! (Cash or Checks accepted for payment.)
Lynn Miller, RN, BSN, CGRN ~ Program Chair; Silent Auction — firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Komp, RN, BSN, CGRN ~ Registration — email@example.com
Margaret Hauser Ullman, RN, CGRN ~ Vendors — firstname.lastname@example.org
Deb Schmeling, RN, BSN, MSN, CGRN ~ Contact Hours — email@example.com
Mary Garcia, BS ~ Media/Website — firstname.lastname@example.org