WSGNA in conjunction with Aurora Health Center–Southern Lakes of Burlington presents:
“Pearls of GI Wisdom; Celebrating WSGNA’s 30th Anniversary”
Saturday, September 23, 2017
Grand Geneva Resort
Lake Geneva, WI
BROCHURE –Coming Soon!
FRIDAY NIGHT SPECIAL EVENT ~ September 22nd
“ERCP — Back to the Future” ( Contact Hour) presented by Rama Venu, MD
6 pm Registration
6:30 Heavy Hors D’oeuvres / Networking
7 pm Presentation
7:00 -7:45 Registration and Continental Breakfast, Vendors, Silent Auction
7:45-8:00 Welcome / Announcements
8-9 “Interpreting Liver Lab Tests and Other Liver Diagnostic Tests” ~ Abdullah Fayyad, MD
9-10 “Barrett’s Esophagus; Screening/Surveillance Guidelines and Treatment” ~ Abdul Sami Khan, MD
10-10:45 AM Break / Vendors / Silent Auction
10:45-11:45 “New Horizons in Therapeutic Endoscopy” ~ Rama Venu, MD
11:45-12:45 “Diverticulosis–Facts and Fiction; What You and Your Patients Need to Know” ~ Colleen Schmitt, NP
12:45-1:45 Lunch / Vendors / Silent Auction
1:15-1:45 WSGNA Annual Business Meeting for all WSGNA Members
1:45-2:45 5 “Role of Anesthesia in GI procedures; What Anesthesiologists Want GI Nurses to Know” ~Kushal Shah, DO, Anesthesiologist
2:45-3:00 PM Break / Silent Auction
3:00-4:00 “Meditation-Helping our Patients and Ourselves” ~ Donna Mosca, RYT
Throughout the Day: “WSGNA Anniversary Puzzle – Pearls of GI Wisdom” ~ Ongoing throughout the day 4:00-4:15 Wrap-up/Evals
Speakers/topics/times are still being finalized.
- To provide continuing education for gastroenterology nurses and associates
- To foster evidence-based practice in gastroenterology
- To facilitate networking among GI and endoscopy professionals
- To promote SGNA-WSGNA; our professional national and regional organizations respectively.
Every attempt to present sessions as described in this brochure will be made. The Conference Planning Committee reserves the right to cancel presentations or make substitutions of comparable quality due to unforeseen circumstances.
NURSING CONTACT HOURS
- Provider approved by the California Board of Nursing, License No. CEP16649. Number of contact hours yet to be determined; approximately 7-8 with Friday event.
- ***GI Specific will be applied for through ABCGN (American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses)
- Full attendance is required to receive contact hours.
- WSGNA endorses only the educational content of this program and not the presence of vendors or products.
Friday Special Event: $5 — Registration through Eventbrite (Link not active …coming soon)
Online Registration is through Eventbrite. Handling fees apply. (Link not active …coming soon)
- WSGNA/SGNA Member: $70
- Non-Members: $110
- Tech / Students: $60
- Add $25 for Live Streaming***
***LIVE STREAM Viewers
- The computer or device you/your group uses to watch the stream should have the most up-to-date version of the operating system, browser, and flash player (if viewing on desktop).
- The computer or device also needs an internet connection that can handle downloading the stream — we recommend the minimum download bandwidth to be greater than 2 Mbps. This can be checked at: http://www.speedtest.net/
CONFERENCE VENUE | LODGING
7036 Grand Geneva Way
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
Special Room Rates ~ $179
- Rama Venu, MD
- Abdullah Fayyad, MD
- Abdul Sami Khan, MD
- Colleen Schmitt, NP
- Kushal Shah, DO, Anesthesiologist
- Lori Benstead, RN MSN CGRN ~ Chair; Conference Contact
- Marti Beecroft, RN BSN CGRN ~ Speakers
- Sara Danielson, RN ~ Silent Auction
- Sandra Oldenburg, RN CGRN ~ Registration
- Shannon Olson, RN BSN CGRN ~ Vendors
- Pamela Sirkman, RN CGRN ~Speakers
- Stephanie Slavin, RN BSN ~ Publicity|Media
- Jean Uhen, RN CGRN ~ Vendors
- Deb Schmeling, RN, MSN, CGRN ~ Contact Hours