WSGNA in conjunction with Aurora Health Center–Southern Lakes of Burlington presents:
2017 Fall Conference and Live Stream Collaboration with Kentucky SGNA
“Pearls of GI Wisdom; Celebrating WSGNA’s 30th Anniversary”
Saturday, September 23, 2017
Grand Geneva Resort
7036 Grand Geneva Way
Lake Geneva, WI
In the spirit of SGNA’s 2018 National Course theme, “Stronger Team; Better Care” through education; leadership; mentoring and networking ; WSGNA is commemorating its 30 years by collaborating with Kentucky SGNA via live streaming.
BROCHURE is NOW AVAILABLE — CLICK HERE!
CONFERENCE SYLLABUS will be available starting Monday, September 19th.
FRIDAY NIGHT SPECIAL EVENT ~ September 22nd
“ERCP — Back to the Future”
Dr. Rama P.Venu, MD, FACP, FACG, AGAF, FASGE, Dip. American Board of Internal Medicine. Professor and HOD, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi, Kerala, India
Grand Geneva Resort and Spa — Salon C
6 pm Registration
6:30 Heavy Hors D’oeuvres / Networking
7 pm Presentation
Cost: $5 You must register through Eventbrite separately. REGISTRATION LINK
7:00 -7:45 Registration and Continental Breakfast, Vendors, Silent Auction
7:45-8:00 Welcome / Announcements
8-9 “Interpreting Liver Lab Tests and Other Liver Diagnostic Tests” ~ Abdullah Fayyad, MD
9-10 “Barrett’s Esophagus; Screening/Surveillance Guidelines and Treatment” ~ Abdul Sami Khan, MD
10-10:45 AM Break / Vendors / Silent Auction
10:45-11:45 “New Horizons in Therapeutic Endoscopy” ~ Rama Venu, MD, FACP, FACG, AGAF, FASGE
11:45-12:45 “What Nurses Should Know about IBS and Diverticular Disease” ~ Colleen Schmitt, APNP
12:45-1:45 Lunch / Vendors / Silent Auction
1:15-1:45 WSGNA Annual Business Meeting for all WSGNA Members
1:45-2:45 5 “Role of Anesthesia in GI procedures; What Anesthesiologists Want GI Nurses to Know” ~Kushal Shah, DO, Anesthesiologist
2:45-3:00 PM Break / Silent Auction
3:00-4:00 “Meditation-Mind-Full or Mindful?” ~ Donna Mosca, RYT500, C-IAYT
Throughout the Day: WSGNA Anniversary Puzzle – “Pearls of GI Wisdom” ~ Anna Werth, RN, CGRN
Speakers/topics/times maybe subject to change.
- To provide continuing education for gastroenterology nurses and associates
- To foster evidence-based practice in gastroenterology
- To facilitate networking among GI and endoscopy professionals
- To promote SGNA-WSGNA; our professional national and regional organizations respectively.
Every attempt to present sessions as described in this brochure will be made. The Conference Planning Committee reserves the right to cancel presentations or make substitutions of comparable quality due to unforeseen circumstances.
NURSING CONTACT HOURS
- Provider approved by the California Board of Nursing, License No. CEP16649. Number of contact hours yet to be determined; approximately 7-8 with Friday event.
- ***GI Specific will be applied for through ABCGN (American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses)
- Full attendance is required to receive contact hours.
- WSGNA endorses only the educational content of this program and not the presence of vendors or products.
FRIDAY Special Event: $5 — Registration through Eventbrite. Handling fees apply. REGISTER NOW
SATURDAY Online Registration is through Eventbrite. Handling fees apply. REGISTER NOW
- WSGNA/SGNA Member: $70
- Non-Members: $110
- Tech / Students: $60
- Add $25 for Live Streaming***
***LIVE STREAM Viewers
- The computer or device you/your group uses to watch the stream should have the most up-to-date version of the operating system, browser, and flash player (if viewing on desktop).
- The computer or device also needs an internet connection that can handle downloading the stream — we recommend the minimum download bandwidth to be greater than 2 Mbps. This can be checked at: http://www.speedtest.net/
CONFERENCE VENUE | LODGING
7036 Grand Geneva Way
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
(800) 558-3417 for phone reservations: State you are with “WSGNA Conference”
Special Room Rates ~ $179 Good through August 23, 2017, so reserve your room early! RESERVATION LINK for online reservations.
- Dr. Rama P.Venu, MD, FACP, FACG, AGAF, FASGE, Dip. American Board of Internal Medicine. Professor and HOD, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi, Kerala, India
- Abdullah Fayyad, MD, Gastroenterologist, Aurora Health Center-Burlington, Lake Geneva, WI
- Abdul Sami Khan, MD, Gastroenterologist, Aurora Health Center-Burlington, Elkhorn, WI
- Colleen Schmitt, APNP, Specializing in Gastroenterology
- Kushal Shah, DO. Co-chief Anesthesia: Aurora Memorial Hospital of Burlington, Aurora Lakeland Medical Center, Aurora Health Center – Southern Lakes
- Donna Mosca, RYT500, C-IAYT, Yoga Educator and Meditation Teacher
- Anna Werth, RN, CGRN
- Lori Benstead, RN MSN CGRN ~ Chair; Conference Contact
- Marti Beecroft, RN BSN CGRN ~ Speakers
- Sara Danielson, RN ~ Silent Auction
- Sandra Oldenburg, RN CGRN ~ Registration
- Shannon Olson, RN BSN CGRN ~ Vendors
- Pamela Sirkman, RN CGRN ~Speakers
- Stephanie Slavin, RN BSN ~ Publicity|Media
- Jean Uhen, RN CGRN ~ Vendors
- Deb Schmeling, RN, MSN, CGRN ~ Contact Hours