THANK YOU to the planning committee headed by Lynn Miller for a GREAT conference!
8:00-8:50: Registration Vendor Visits / Continental Breakfast
8:50-9:00: Welcome / Announcements
9:00-10:00: FODMAP’s 101 ~ Melissa A Phillips, RDN, MS, CD
10:00-11:00: End Stage Liver Disease and Liver Transplantation: The Role of the Transplant Nurse Coordinator ~ Mary Douglas, RN, MSN, CCTC
11:00-11:45: Break / Visit vendors
11:45-12:45: Considerations Concerning Biosimilar Products in the U.S. ~ Deborah Bandy, CPA
12:45-1:30: Lunch – Final Silent Auction Bidding MMoCA Visit – It’s FREE
1:30-2:30: Managing Patients with Advanced Liver Disease ~ Erin Spengler, MD, Hepatologist
2:30-3:30: Want To Dabble? GI Have A Palette of Tips Designed To Help Your Practice ~ Lynn Miller RN, BSN, CGRN and Margaret Hauser-Ullman RN, ADN, CGRN
Ongoing: GI Crossword Puzzle-Spring 2018 ~ Margaret Hauser-Ullman RN, ADN, CGRN
3:30-3:45: Evaluations / Closing Remarks Announcement of Silent Auction Winners!
The Live Stream was brought to you by Field59.
From a Live Streamer: “I must say I was impressed with the live stream presentation. I was able to keep interacted with other people via chat through the live stream presentation, which was nice. I also liked how the staff communicated well with the live stream viewers regarding if they were running over a little on time such as lunch time and how the live streamers were involved with door prizes as well:)”
- Melissa A. Phillips, MS, RDN, CD, Clinical Nutritionist – UW Health Digestive Health Center, Madison
- Erin K. Spengler, MD, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Transplant Medicine, UW Hospital – Madison, Wm. S. Middleton Memorial VA Hospital
- Mary Douglas, RN, MSN, CCTC, Nurse Coordinator for Liver Transplant UW Health Transplant Program, Madison
- Deborah Bandy, CPA, Director, Healthcare Policy for Johnson & Johnson
- Lynn Miller, RN, BSN, CGRN, Columbia-St. Mary’s, Milwaukee
- Margaret Hauser-Ullman, RN, ADN, CGRN, Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin
Thank you to those who donated items and Thank you to everyone who bid on them! All the proceeds (almost $400) from this auction went into the WSGNA Scholarship Fund.
Contact person: Lynn Miller
- To provide continuing education for gastroenterology nurses and associates
- To foster evidence-based practice in gastroenterology
- To facilitate networking among GI and endoscopy professionals
- To promote SGNA-WSGNA; our professional national and regional organizations respectively.
Every attempt to present sessions as described in the brochure will be made. The Conference Planning Committee reserves the right to cancel presentations or make substitutions of comparable quality due to unforeseen circumstances.
NURSING CONTACT HOURS
- Provider approved by the California Board of Nursing, License No. CEP16649.
- ***6 GI Specific hours for this course have been approved by ABCGN (American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses)
- Full attendance is required to receive contact hours.
- WSGNA endorses only the educational content of this program and not the presence of vendors or products.
- Lynn Miller, RN, BSN, CGRN, Chair | Program Contact
- Margaret Hauser-Ullman, RN, ADN, CGRN – Vendors | Speakers
- Amy Komp, RN, BSN, CGRN – Vendors | Brochure | Eventbrite
- Sue Machones, MSN, BSN, RN, CGRN – Brochure | Eventbrite
- Mary Garcia, BS – Media | Speakers