BROCHURE NOW AVAILABLE… CLICK TO VIEW!
There is still time to register for the live stream… REGISTRATION NOW THROUGH EVENTBRITE!
COURSE SYLLABUS is now available to download!
8:00-8:50: Registration Vendor Visits / Continental Breakfast
8:50-9:00: Welcome / Announcements
9:00-10:00: FODMAP’s 101 ~ Melissa A Phillips, RDN, MS, CD
10:00-11:00: End Stage Liver Disease and Liver Transplantation: The Role of the Transplant Nurse Coordinator ~ Mary Douglas, RN, MSN, CCTC
11:00-11:45: Break / Visit vendors
11:45-12:45: Considerations Concerning Biosimilar Products in the U.S. ~ Deborah Bandy, CPA
12:45-1:30: Lunch – Final Silent Auction Bidding MMoCA Visit – It’s FREE
1:30-2:30: Managing Patients with Advanced Liver Disease ~ Erin Spengler, MD, Hepatologist
2:30-3:30: Want To Dabble? GI Have A Palette of Tips Designed To Help Your Practice ~ Lynn Miller RN, BSN, CGRN and Margaret Hauser-Ullman RN, ADN, CGRN
Ongoing: GI Crossword Puzzle-Spring 2018 ~ Margaret Hauser-Ullman RN, ADN, CGRN
3:30-3:45: Evaluations / Closing Remarks Announcement of Silent Auction Winners!
- WSGNA/SGNA Member – $75
- Non Member – $100
- Tech/Student – $65
- Live streaming is an additional $25 to the above fee.
***LIVE STREAM Viewers — Attend from anywhere, with a group or alone in the comfort of your home…
The Live Stream is brought to you by Field59.
- Melissa A. Phillips, MS, RDN, CD, Clinical Nutritionist – UW Health Digestive Health Center, Madison
- Erin K. Spengler, MD, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Transplant Medicine, UW Hospital – Madison, Wm. S. Middleton Memorial VA Hospital
- Mary Douglas, RN, MSN, CCTC, Nurse Coordinator for Liver Transplant UW Health Transplant Program, Madison
- Deborah Bandy, CPA, Director, Healthcare Policy for Johnson & Johnson
- Lynn Miller, RN, BSN, CGRN, Columbia-St. Mary’s, Milwaukee
- Margaret Hauser-Ullman, RN, ADN, CGRN, Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin
Silent Auction will be taking place.
Contact person: Lynn Miller
- To provide continuing education for gastroenterology nurses and associates
- To foster evidence-based practice in gastroenterology
- To facilitate networking among GI and endoscopy professionals
- To promote SGNA-WSGNA; our professional national and regional organizations respectively.
Every attempt to present sessions as described in the brochure will be made. The Conference Planning Committee reserves the right to cancel presentations or make substitutions of comparable quality due to unforeseen circumstances.
NURSING CONTACT HOURS
- Provider approved by the California Board of Nursing, License No. CEP16649.
- ***6 GI Specific hours for this course have been approved by ABCGN (American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses)
- Full attendance is required to receive contact hours.
- WSGNA endorses only the educational content of this program and not the presence of vendors or products.
- Lynn Miller, RN, BSN, CGRN, Chair | Program Contact
- Margaret Hauser-Ullman, RN, ADN, CGRN – Vendors | Speakers
- Amy Komp, RN, BSN, CGRN – Vendors | Brochure | Eventbrite
- Sue Machones, MSN, BSN, RN, CGRN – Brochure | Eventbrite
- Mary Garcia, BS – Media | Speakers
- A block of rooms is reserved at the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Madison for Friday, April 20th, for $169. Mention WSGNA
- 525 West Johnson Street, Madison,Wisconsin, 53703
- USA TEL: +1-608-251-5511 FAX: +1-608-251-4824
- Hotel Registration Link: CLICK HERE
- REGISTER by March 21st for reduced rate.
- For other hotels in Madison and the area CLICK HERE
- Things to do in Madison CLICK HERE