WSGNA appropriates $750 in awards to Wisconsin’s 4 Quadrants to celebrate GI Nurses and Associates Day…
GI Nurses and Associates Week is March 25-29th, 2019
How will you be celebrating? It is not too soon to start planning in your state quadrant! Need help, contact a board member today!
SE Wisconsin ~ Milwaukee Area
- Thursday March 28th, Crown Plaza Milwaukee West, Wauwautosa
- Contact: Lynn Thompson (414) 305-1684 or Lynn Miller (262) 424-9938
- View Invite – Download PDF and Please post in your department
- RSVP to Lynn Thompson via email by March 20, 2019
- Sponsored by Intercept-Pharma
NE Wisconsin ~ Green Bay Area
- Tuesday, March 26th, 6 pm, Hotel Northland, 302 N. Adams St. Green Bay
- Contact: Amy Miller@ firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or Phone: (920) 433-3424 or Fax: (920) 433-3439
- View Invite- Download the PDF and post in your department.
- RSVP by March 23, 2019 (See Flyer)
- Sponsored by AbbVie Inc.
2018 GI Nurses & Associates Day/Week Celebrations
SE Wisconsin ~ Milwaukee
Southeastern Wisconsin Area – GI Celebration in Southeastern Wisconsin took place on Friday Evening, March 24th at the Anchorage Restaurant, Holiday Inn – Riverfront, Milwaukee.
La Crosse Area – GI nurses in the La Crosse area gathered on Tuesday, March 21st at the Freight House from 5:30 to 7:30 pm to celebrate and hear Jeremy Bergeron talk on the ‘Management of Biliary Strictures and Stone Disease’.
Green Bay Area – GI nurses and associates heard Tricia Cook speak on “Improving Patient Experience and Outcomes Though Staff Engagement.” Abbvie supported a wonderful dinner at The Black and Tan Restaurant for 45 guests.
***Did you see we made SGNA news… read all about it in our summer newsletter Vol 33 Issue 3!
These 2016 CELEBRATIONS took place in THREE areas.
Madison & Everywhere
Comments from La Crosse Area
The GI in-service that you invited us all to at the end of March on “Malignant Colorectal Obstruction” by Boston Scientific during GI Nurses and Associate week was great.
I had a good time, a very nice meal and information/prizes. I think all staff that came had a good time and I just wanted to say thank you again for inviting the VMH gang.
You do a wonderful job, keep up the good work!
Romelle Heisel RN
Infection Prevention Coordinator/GI
Vernon Memorial Healthcare
507 South Main
Viroqua, WI 54665
GI Nurses and Associates Week – 2014
2014 was celebrated throughout the mid-western part of Wisconsin. Gundersen Healthcare, Mayo Clinic Healthcare, Tomah Memorial, Tri-County Whitehall, Vernon Memorial, Richland Center Hospital and Prairie du Chien Memorial Hospital GI staff were each given the GI Procedure Pocket Guide and candy or cake.
Memberships to SGNA/WSGNA were also given away and the lucky recipients are Michelle Seichter, RN and Nicole Christianson, Tech, at Gundersen Healthcare; and Judy Ginther, LPN, at Mayo Clinic Healthcare. Congratulations to all of you and we look forward to your involvement in WSGNA-SGNA!
Diane M. Brown, BSN, RN – WSGNA BOD/Member at Large
- Thank you, thank you! We appreciate your support and gifts for GI Nurses Day. Thank you for your kindness and dedication to GI. Kristy Wiltrout, Chief Operating Officer-Vernon Memorial Healthcare
- Thank you so much for the delicious cake and generous membership to SGNA/WSGNA. We appreciate your thoughtfulness. Thanks! The Mayo Clinic Franciscan Healthcare Endoscopy Team
- Thank you for the treats, book and memberships to SGNA/WSGNA. The importance of belonging to a professional nursing organization such as SGNA/WSGNA is evident in your commitment and promotion of the organization. Thank you – Gundersen Healthcare GI Endoscopy Unit