The Wisconsin Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates is embarking on an exciting, new forum to provide education to GI nurses and associates!!
We will be presenting education in the form of a live stream webinar. Our first presentation will air live in August and then will be able to be streamed on demand 24/7 over the next 12 months.
WSGNA members, as well as SGNA members across the United States and our GI colleagues throughout the country, will be able to watch the educational presentation on their electronic devices whenever it is convenient for them.
There are many advantages to presenting education in this format:
- reaches out to members all across our state, providing a ceu opportunity that doesn’t require travel
- offered on demand, available 24 hrs day/7 days a week
- members can watch the live stream multiple times once they have registered
colleagues can still gather in a venue to watch it together and network, or registrants can watch it individually
- state-of-the-art forum to offer education, similar to the format of many professional societies
- provides a less-intimidating format for nurse speakers to present education, hopefully encouraging many of us to identify a topic and volunteer to present in the future!
Our initial topic is “Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS): What GI Nurses Need to Know,” presented by Samantha Melroy, an Advanced Nurse Practitioner with Froedtert Hospital & Medical College of Wisconsin.
Since this educational presentation does not require actual physical presence, the target audience is vast. Certainly this will appeal to us WSGNA members, but it can also be marketed to SGNA chapters across the country.
We hope you will support WSGNA in this innovative educational medium by participating yourselves and in sharing it with your colleagues. We already have a second speaker who has volunteered to present, and we look forward to making this
a resounding success!
WSGNA President 2014